Tuesday, June 9, 2020

year end trip to thailand - Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Chiang Mai

21-29 dec 2019
year end trip to thailand
jakarta - chiang mai - udon thani - bangkok - jakarta
rita.aza.adiani.dita


24 dec 2019


I'm a bit in a dilemma when it comes to elephants. I just learned a couple of years ago that riding an elephant is not a good thing, it's not good for the elephant. I came to know that harm are being done to the elephants in captive in order to train the elephants to do performances or to carry us on their backs. 

Here're some of the reasons why we should avoid elephant-ride attractions:

Unfortunately, back in the days, I've done several elephant-riding activities in Indonesia (in Bali, Lampung, and North Sumatera) and watched several elephant-performances. I wasn't aware.. and surely not proud of it. 

This time around, I try to choose carefully which place to visit for an elephant-related activity. I hope I got this one right. I chose the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary's and did the half day morning visit. There was no elephant performances, no elephant-riding activities, and the elephants were not standing in a concrete floor (which is not good for their legs).  

This is Elephant Jungle Sanctuary's camp 5. At that time, there were 4 elephants living there.  

Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Chiang Mai
https://elephantjunglesanctuary.com/chiang-mai/

























Afterwards, back to the city. We went to Baan Kang Wat. There are many cafes and shops in one area. 

Baan Kang Wat
191 Soi Ban Ram Poang
Chiang Mai


















  

follow me on Instagram @rita.san


No comments: