Sunday, December 7, 2014

Lombok

Lombok: 3rd visit
18-24 August 2014
Rita. Midie. Ahau

It’s always a pleasure for me to mix business with pleasure :P
When I got the chance to attend a training session in Lombok from 19th to 21th August, all I can think of is arranging what to do in Lombok after the training session is over. And luckily, I have 2 friends who were willing to spend time with me in Lombok.

road to Pantai Mawun

jump!



So on the 22th, we did a tour from Lombok Adventure, guided by a very friendly Mr Adhy and Mr Budhi. First stop was Taman Narmada. I’ve been there before, but it was soooo crowded when I first went there. This time is different, hardly anyone was there, coz it’s Friday, hahaa, and I kinda like it.

taman narmada

taman narmada

taman narmada

taman narmada

Next stop was a secluded waterfall called Segenter located at Desa Kumbi. Love it! There were no other visitor when we got there. I always love it when we can have the waterfall just for ourselves. We also planted some trees near the location of the waterfall. Mine is ceruling and Ahau’s tree is matoa.

let's plant a tree!

Lombok Adventure

the waterfall


on the way to the waterfall

our ride

And here comes the fun part! River tubing! Done it several times and this one is as fun as the one in Situgunung Sukabumi. The river’s name is Ranget (hope I get the name right) and the tubing route is 2 km. We walked through the rice fields to get to the starting point.



I really love the tubing experience. It was very fun despite a big gulp of water I swallowed during a fall down :P 
Thanks to all of the crew of Lombok Adventure (www.lombokadventure.com). This is definitely a very unique experience to do in Lombok. Having said that, I know that I can still rely on my browsing skills (if there are any skills required) to always manage to find unique things to do while traveling :D






On the 23rd, we went on a trip with a different tour operator, Mr Azis’ Lombok Friendly Tour. The guide was Mr Andy, who really really love to take selfies. Haha..

First spot was Tangsi Beach. Went there by a boat from Tanjung Luar. The beach is very pretty.









Second spot was Gili Petelu. Snorkeling time! Too bad it was so windy that day. It didn’t stop us from snorkeling but it did take away some of the fun.



Third spot was Segui Beach, also a pretty beach.

Pantai Segui
Fourth stop: Teluna. Snorkeling.



Last stop: Pulau Pasir. Photo session :D





Overall, I really really enjoyed the 2 days spent exploring different part of lombok. Now I officially fell in love with Lombok... only after the 3rd visit.. I wonder why...
I think the 1st visit was like an introductory session of lombok (although I managed to get to a very stunning tanjung ringgit and pantai seger and not to mention mawun)
The 2nd visit was like a compulsory visit to gili trawangan (I had to go there just because I haven’t gone there).
And in the 3rd visit, I think I really was able to absorb the beauty of Lombok. And I learned that there are still so much to do and see.

Oh, one more thing. I LOVE the fresh air during the waterfall and river tubing trip. When u live in a very very polluted city like Jakarta, u learn to appreciate fresh air needed to recharge your lungs :D

And so I went back to Jakarta on the 24th.. with a tired body yet very happy and refreshed soul. A trip like this always put a big grin on my face.

:D

For Lombok travel info, please click here





No comments: